The MKA Ecology team have the ecological consultancy skills and experience required when undertaking renewable energy installations, with associated infrastructure and pipelines.
We are accustomed to working as part of multi-disciplinary teams to achieve practical ecological solutions for wind and solar energy schemes. Ideally, we would be involved at the earliest stages of your development to identify any constraints and opportunities.
We provide you with cost-effective and sustainable solutions.
- Habitat and species-specific surveys
- Highly specialised input on birds and bats
- Advice on all aspects of protected species legislation and nature conservation
- Effective Ecological Impact Assessments (EcIA) and Appropriate Assessment studies for all species and habitats
- Design and implementation of mitigation strategies for all protected species
- Long-term monitoring of mitigation projects to demonstrate success
- Licence applications for work involving protected species and liaison with regulatory bodies
Through our biodiversity consultancy we also offer advice on enhancement of biodiversity in such schemes.
Read more about MKA’s involvement in renewable energy projects