As well as the relatively well known great crested newt, Britain has six other naturally occurring species of amphibian: the smooth newt, palmate newt, common toad, common frog, pool frog and natterjack toad.
Amphibians are found not just in rural areas but are prevalent in brown field sites, disused quarries and towns and cities. Where such habitats are involved, our knowledge and expertise will help to ensure that your development proceeds with minimum delay, cost-effectively and in full compliance with legal obligations
What amphibian services do we provide?
- Surveys and site assessment
- Fully trained, licensed and experienced ecologists who work with you to find practical solutions
- Extensive field and mitigation experience in dealing with amphibians and their associated habitats
- Full technical support for statutory licence application procedures
- Fencing and habitat management
- Translocation of amphibians
- Pond and terrestrial habitat creation
Read more about more about about amphibian work undertaken by MKA Ecology